Thursday, November 17, 2011

MORE MENTAL THAN PHYSICAL

How come every time I look at the WOD and see something that looks semi easy (is there ever an easy WOD) it is crazy intense? Yesterday was exactly that. I struggled through the entire workout but Evan was there coaching me on and the support of the 7 pm group helped as well. He said at the end to me that if I come in and give it my all, try new things, push myself, that by doing those things, it's the only way to get better. The WOD that took some people 5 minutes to do yesterday, took me 17...but damn it I did it. The movements may seem easier than others that we do at 610 but for a 370 lb man (ashamed of it yes, but working on it none the less) all 4 movements put together in a speed challenge was the hardest thing about it.

WOD:

2 ROUNDS

20 WALL BALLS (20)
20 KNEES TO ELBOW-ON RINGS
20 BOX JUMPS (24 for first 10 / 18 for the last 30)
20 HAND RELEASE PUSH UPS

CASH OUT: 5 MINUTES TO FIND MAX SINGLES

Completed the 2 Rounds in 17:00. Max Singles after the WOD was 59.

Still a grind working on the doubles, I think I got one during a warmup but didn't continue jumping after it so it wasn't complete.

1 comment: