Wednesday, December 14, 2011

LONG LONG TIME AGO...

Sorry all...it's been way to long (almost a month) since I last blogged about the struggles, good times, intense workouts and sweat angels all at CF610. Figured I was so frustrated throughout today's workout that it would be good to indulge you all on the crazyness tonight. I feel myself getting stronger and the clothes are fitting better...need to start writing things down so that I have benchmarks of where I'm at and where I want to go.

STRENGTH

15 MINUTES TO FIND 1 REP MAX SNATCH BALANCE (125 lbs - was impressed with the flexibility in my hips but still need work on my shoulders)
 
WOD
50-40-30-20-10
SINGLE ARM OVERHEAD KB SQUAT (24KG/16KG)
    *1/2 WITH RIGHT-1/2 WITH LEFT*
EXAMPLE: 25 LEFT/25 RIGHT...20 LEFT/20 RIGHT...15 LEFT/15 RIGHT
DOUBLE UNDERS
 
Completed in a whopping 33 minutes. Started at 24kg and then my left arm killed me as I frequently lost balance and couldn't withstand it. Hence the frustration starting very early in the workout. Dropped to 20kg, frustrated again and finally ended with 16kg. Still in "singles" mode (both in CF610 and with the ladies...go ahead and LOL) so my singles were 100 - 80 - 60 - 40 - 20.
 
I had that feeling in my chest that I was tensing up and getting short of breath due to the frustration. Deep breaths led to me calming down (if that's even possible during a WOD). Even told Evan I was close to stopping and I was glad to hear that he wouldn't have let me. Thanks agin to Adam and Evan for the continuous support throughout the WOD.

I'll leave you with this for all of you out there that still ask yourself "What the Hell is that CrossFit stuff?".

Eat meat and vegtables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.  Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.  Practice and train all major lifts:  Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J and snatch.  Similarly master the basics of gymnastics:  Pull ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds.  Bike, run, swim, row, ect, hard and fast.  Five to Six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow.  Routine is the enemy.  Keep workouts short and intense.  Regularly learn and play new sports.

-Greg Glassman-

No comments:

Post a Comment